School!

Bonjour!

Classes at Paul-Val�ry started yesterday! I was very intimidated at first, but I have had 2 classes already and my teachers are very nice in each class. However, I’ve also had 2 classes cancelled! Both the main lecture and recitation of my “histoire de cin�ma” were cancelled, 1 today and 1 yesterday. Oh well!
I’ve been here for 10 days now, and I’m definitely starting to get in the swing of things. I know my way around the different trams, and have gotten much better at speaking! I am able to order food at the patisseries downtown as well as converse with my family during dinner. They picked up on it as well, and they told me how happy they were that I was talking more! I still get flustered and stuck on words at time (sometimes even resorting into English, yikes!) but overall I am much more confident with my French speaking skills.
My limit to one bag certainly eliminated a lot of clothes from my piles to bring here, but I plan on replenishing some of those clothes during the sale tomorrow. The entire country of France participates in a huge sale twice a year; once in July and once in January. And I’m here for it! Stores closed early today to prepare for it, and all the “SOLDE” (sale) tags are visible through the windows. I can’t wait!
I have settled into my homestay very nicely so far, and my family has been incredibly willing to help me maintain my pescetarian diet. The food here is AMAZING! Tonight for dinner we had spinach and fromage chevre (goat cheese) in pastry crust. Yum! And there is always a cheese plate after dinner. Everything is always fresh (especially the bread and vegetables!) I can’t wait to take a mini trip a little closer to the Mediterranean to have some super fresh seafood.
I’ll put up some pictures in the next post!
Salut,
Kelsey

Location: Saint Jean-de-Védas, France

One thought on “School!