Six Days to Go!

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays!

So I have six days to go until I step into my first airport and onto my first plane. I’m just now starting to tie up all the lose ends I have (except packing – because I still have no clue what to pack despite all the packing lists I have gotten, any suggestions?!). I finished my last day of work today and said goodbye to some of my best friends from Penn State. It’s going to be so sad saying goodbye to my family but everyone keeps reminding me that this is what I have always wanted to do!
I spent the last two days exploring around my favorite city – New York City (that is my favorite until I venture out into the European cities). It’s such a big city and having been there more times than I can count I still get lost every time I go! I envy those who can walk around and know the city like the back of their hands. I hope that when I move to Dublin, I can make it like my second home.
I found one of my roommates for Dublin on facebook and we Skype’d a few days ago. It definitely eased a lot of my worries. We plan on traveling together on the weekends and it got me so excited! We also found out our housing assignments and looked on google maps to see where we were living and the nearby pubs and shops and attractions. We can’t wait!
My roommate from Penn State is also going to be in Dublin on vacation. We are planning on going to the Guiness Factory for a tour and exploring around for one night while she is still there. 
So excited to read about everyone’s first weeks abroad!
Good luck!

Location: Little Silver, New Jersey

One thought on “Six Days to Go!

1. JESSICA ELIZABETH BRENN

Hey that’s super awesome! I’m going to be in Dublin for a few days for orientation (eventually going to Galway on the west coast). I’m leaving in three days, eek! There’s so much to do in Dublin, but I definitely want to check out the Guinness factory too!