One month & counting!

Hey everyone!
I’m not really sure how to start off this blog! I think the best way would be for a little introduction.
laurenphoto.JPG
That’s me! Lauren Weaver, I am a junior at Penn State studying Journalism and International Studies. I am from a small town on the Jersey Shore, Little Silver and have never been anywhere off the East Coast before.
Today is officially one month until I arrive in Dublin for my study abroad program. A flood of emotions has washed over me in the past month, trying to decide how I feel about leaving. Aside from excitement, I am in absolute terror, I hope this is a normal feeling.
I have always been somewhat of an adventure seeker, an explorer and spontaneous. It surprises all of my friends when I tell them that I haven’t even stepped on a plane yet! I am leaving for three and a half months and plan on traveling throughout Europe A LOT during my stay. I have always dreamed of traveling (I work for a travel company) and seeing every part of the world that I can while I am still young. I love learning different facts about other cultures unfamiliar to me and cannot wait to see how I adapt into the Irish culture. I love the music, the writing, the atmosphere…everything I have learned, and writing.
My journey abroad is a completely new experience and while I am leaving a lot behind, I plan on returning an independent, cultured person with memories that only a small percent of people will experience.
I hope that those of you studying in other countries will follow me during my journey! Good luck to all of you and I hope to read some great entries about your experiences!

Location: 616 East College Ave., State College, PA 16801