Introduction

Hi everyone! My name is Sara Matulonis and I’m currently a junior here at Penn State. I love Penn State but I’m definitely not a fan of weather under 65 degrees, so next semester I’ll be taking a break from the winter and studying abroad in Wollongong, Australia! (It’s a little south of Sydney) I’m a Photojournalism major and go everywhere with my camera in hand, so expect lots of pictures. I love all things beachy and I’m beyond excited to get to experience the coastal lifestyle of Wollongong while taking classes at the University of Wollongong.

Parting with Penn State in two weeks is going to be rough, but I’m cold so I’m not complaining. I leave for Australia February 18th, 3 days before my birthday. After lots of strategic planning, I figured out a way that I can still study abroad but not miss the most important weekend of the year – THON! The thought of missing THON was too much to handle, so I’m flying up earlier in the week and staying until noon on Saturday of THON, then starting my journey from the State College aiport. Thank goodness I’ll have 20 hours of flying to catch up on sleep before touching down Down Under!

75 days til THON, 77 days til Wollongong! 

DSC_01078.JPG

Location: State College, PA

3 thoughts on “Introduction

1. ANDREW JAMES CLARK

Hey finally found another geoblogger that’s going to Australia! I don’t know about you but I’m counting down the days

2. ANDREW JAMES CLARK

3. KATHERINE ILEANA RODRIGUEZ

I’m so glad you worked it out so you can go to THON! Can’t wait to see the pictures you take in Australia and I hope you have an awesome time!