Off on new adventures

Hey all,

My name is Karen Bobkowski and I am a Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering Major and I am extremely excited to be a Geoblogger!! I will be studying Spanish in Argentina for the Spring semester in order to start on Spanish and International Studies Minors.

I head off to Buenos Aires, Argentina in 85 days. It still doesn’s quite seem real that I am going to be in another country and wont be back at Penn State this spring. It is even more unreal considering that I have only left the country once before and then only to go to Mexico for a week to build a house. Needless to say, I cant wait. I am not one to take huge risks without a hole lot of planning behind it, so seeing months of research, questions and applications, I am just about ready to leave.

I am from Denver, Colorado and as such, I miss the mountains and breath taking scenery. When I began to look into where I could travel to learn Spanish, I started looking into Argentina, which have some of the most amazing scenes that you could possibly imagine. The Iguazu falls, on the border of Argentina, Uruguay and Brazil are supposed to be breath taking, and the Andes Mountains are to stuff of legends.

Andes mountains.jpg

Iguazu falls 2.jpgAnd I will see these both in the next 6 months. Its unbelievable.

Location: State College, PA