Let the countdown begin!

IMG_0623_2.JPG
This is me! My name is Jenn. I am a junior at Penn State University majoring in World Languages Education with a concentration in Spanish. I am also participating in a certification program to teach English as a Second Language (ESL). Language learning and cultural growth are two things that are extremely important in my life. It is pretty unbelievable that I am starting my journey abroad in exactly….

Words can’t describe the excitement I feel for this upcoming adventure. I have studied the Spanish language since the second grade and I am ready for a new challenge. I am studying through the CIEE Advanced Liberal Arts program which means that I will take my classes at la Universidad de Sevilla.

Universidad_de_Sevilla_001.jpgsevilla.jpg

A HUGE smile takes over my face when I think about my upcoming study abroad experience. There is so much that I expect to gain from my experience abroad. As someone who has never left the East Coast of the United States, I have a lot to learn! I know that my language skills will increase dramatically. And of course I am counting on learning the ins and outs of the Spanish culture through my home-stay and university experiences.

Having shared my excitements, I  also have a few apprehensions, of course! Along with that smile I described comes an intense heart-pounding, mind-blowing “AM I READY FOR THIS????!!!” Of course I have the normal concerns like getting and how much and what to bring…In addition, I have nerves about leaving everything behind in the United States for six and a half months…I have a lot I am going to miss.
baby2.jpgIMG_0900.JPG

SDC11367.JPG

5thfloor!.jpg

staff 2.jpggame.jpg
The stress however, does not stop this huge smile from taking over my face every time I think about how amazing this semester is going to be. There is no doubt in my mind that this next semester will be the best and most cherished memory in my life to this point.

I am thrilled that I have the opportunity to share these memories with all of you! Follow my blog throughout my journey. I will share the amazing memories, hardships and tricks of travel that I come up with along with way.

Location: University Park, PA