“We’ll always have Paris…”

part3 321.JPGParis is one of those places that you have to see to really understand. I’ve looked at pictures of the skyline and the Eiffel Tower my whole life, but standing at the top of that iron masterpiece, overlooking the city at sunset took my breath away. It’s a mental picture that I hope I never forget.

part3 303.JPG

part3 279.JPG

We toured the area around the Moulin Rouge, explored Notre Dame, and of course ate the delicious crepes and snacked on baguettes.

part3 217.JPG

part3 204.JPG

The city was beautiful and very alive, but my favorite part of the trip wasn’t in the city itself, it was Versailles.

When we first got there, they told us our tour was going to be almost three hours long, but it didn’t even take us into the palace! At first we were all kind of disappointed, but we had already paid for it so there was no going back now. Three hours in a garden though? What on earth could they possibly have to say and show us that would take that long? Then we walked around the back of the palace.

part3 360.JPGOh. My question suddenly changed to “How on earth are we going to see all of this in three hours?”

part3 377.JPG

part3 389.JPG

We went at the perfect time of year. The leaves were changing and the scenery was incredible. Around every single corner there was another fountain, sculpture, or courtyard that each had unique story to tell.

part3 376.JPGpart3 369.JPG

We did end up walking through the palace as well. The King and Queen’s chambers were amazing and the Hall of Mirrors made my jaw drop.

part3 412.JPG

Location: Paris, France