My Wife!! = Mr. Wong’s place

Mr. Wong’s is a local restaurant in Mong Kok, Hong Kong, with favor toward tourists …… mainly tourist WOMEN!   The Owner and main employee of this fine establishment is Mr. Wong.  He is a highly energetic, funny, clueless, friendly, determined, middle-to-old aged man!  He constantly tells his customers he is looking for a wife and that he has been to several places in the U.S. trying to accomplish this goal.  He tells all his female customers they are beautiful, and sometimes gets a little touchy, but never disrespectfully or inappropriately.  He doesn’t care who you are, what you look like, what your skin color is.  He welcomes EVERYONE, with a sweet spot for American women. LOL

Mr. Wong’s restaurant is not big and fancy, but it has a lot of heart and a fun atmosphere!  He serves Chinese family style food for $50 HK dollars, which amounts to almost $7 US dollars.  He brings out dishes of his choice – or if you know the 100 different types of food on the menu (it is all in Chinese writing), then you can order your own!  When I say this place is worth your money, I truly mean it!!! He brings out endless amounts of food and beer (I don’t like beer too much so I grab some soda) for the groups that line up to eat at his establishment.

I have never seen Mr. Wong’s restaurant have a slow night.  His establishment only employs (from what I’ve seen) a cook, himself, and one other helper for when he is very busy.  On average, I would say Mr. Wong has a endless, full restaurant (30-35 people) with a staff of 3.   This is a great place to kick back and have fun with your friends, or a nice pregame place before you head over to LKF or some other party scene for the night!

Here are some pics below!  I stopped taking pictures of the other food, but I was more interested in eating.  Sorry! J

DSCN2552.JPG

DSCN2557.JPG

DSCN2553_2.JPG

DSCN2556.JPG

DSCN2554.JPG

Location: Mong Kok, Hong Kong