家族 Family

I don`t know how, but I ended up with the ultimate host family for me. I didn`t really have any expectations for what they would be like since I was too busy thinking about learning Japanese and how to pay for this whole experience, but we fit together like a puzzle.
In part, I think it is because we are worldly people. They`ve traveled many places and have studied English and I apparently have interest in Japan and other languages as well. We are curious about each other that there is an equal amount of give and take and thus less room for miscommunication.
I feel like they go beyond the assumed requirements for a host family, especially from what I hear from others. For example, they make me lunch, which I`m supposed to take care of myself. This Sunday as well, we are going to a tea event with their friends and making a day of it. There are also more opportunities to meet their friends and go to different places away from Nagoya. They could just show me around the town and give me regional specific information, but they want to show me Japan, the big picture.
It seems that the horror stories of host families stand out the most, so I hope that my experience proves that it can work.

Location: Minami-ku, Nagoya-shi, Aichi, Japan