Cirque du Soleil!

Last Friday, I went with a group of people in my program to see Cirque du Soleil, which actually started here in Quebec. The cool thing, other than this being Cirque du Soleil and in Quebec, was that it was free.  We just showed up and watched. Sweet.

Cirque.jpg

But before we got there, we went to a microbrasserie in Basse-Ville, or “lower town.” It’s basically a bar that makes its own beer.  My table got a carousel with nine different varieties and passed them around, and we all found our favorites.  I loved the place because it was nice, but chill. And it was filled entirely with locals.

Microbrasserie.jpg

Our program sets up a lot of optional activities like this, and so far, I’ve loved them. I not only get to meet other people in my program, but also get to talk to the Quebecois leaders with their perfect French.  No English is allowed at any of the outings. (This is, after all, an immersion program.)  But all the Quebecois guides are helpful when it comes to not knowing a word or phrase.

tightrope.jpg

But anyway, the Cirque–it was awesome.  There was a lady who did crazy things with hula-hoops. I’m not even going to try to describe it, other than to say that it was sick. And Cirque de Soleil costs so much when a tour comes to the BJC! I’m so glad I got to see it for free.

Location: 310 Rue Saint Roch, Quebec, QC G1K 6S2, Canada