Homeward Bound

I’m back! A group of people and I flew from Frankfurt to JFK last weekend. I would like to take a moment and thank all of the young men in the group who hoisted the girls’ incredibly heavy luggage on and off trains on the way to Frankfurt. Anyway, we spent the night in the airport, and we were the first to check our luggage for our 8:30 AM flight the next morning. We had to wait for security to open, but we met some guys from Virginia Tech in line. Like us, they had a wonderful trip, but they were ready to go home. We all agreed that we missed air conditioning and ice in our drinks as well as cheap and free water. 

Of course, I got all ruffled going through security and stuff, and when I boarded the plane, I couldn’t find my boarding pass. Fortunately, I knew my seat. It was still a bit of a painful struggle to get there because my backpack and my new huge Berlin purse were so stuffed with delicate souvenirs that I couldn’t fit in my suitcase. The flight was long and painful, and I couldn’t figure out how to work the remote so that I could watch movies. Luckily for me though, a few very nice gentlemen helped me stow my backpack in the luggage compartments and get it down.
    Since we were the first to check our luggage, we were the last to get it back, so we waited about 45 minutes for that. However, customs was quick, and I walked straight into my waiting father’s arms, although my hands were holding things so I couldn’t return the hug. There wasn’t even too much traffic, and I fell asleep fairly quickly in the car (I hadn’t slept in the airport). Soon, I was hugging my mother, unpacking, and handing out presents. It felt so good to be home.

Location: Frankfurt, JFK, and Scranton, PA