Melbourne

Off to Melbourne, our flight took a little bit more than an hour to Melbourne, on Tiger Airways.  I arrived in Melbourne around 11 PM, and we were off to the city.  I stayed in a hostel, called the Mansion, which was actually quite nice.

The next days, the weather was not that great about 50 degrees and cloudy and very windy.  The actual central business district of Melbourne is not all that large and I was able to cover a majority of it in 1 day.  I toured the city, and the Australian Movie Cimena Industry museum, which was probably one of the most interesting museum’s I had ever been to.  It chronicles the start of the movie industry to present day.  Not only was it about movies but technology in general.  Next to the ACMI museum was the Melbourne Art Gallery, which was free so I decided to take a look.  There was a lot of modern art, but there were two pieces I liked a lot.  One being a melted Macbook. 

The weather in Melbourne is very changeable, I think it rained about 15 times in one day, every 15 minutes there would be a different season.  I was able to go up on the Euraka Sky Deck, which is the highest Sky Deck in the Southern Hemisphere.  It is 88 stories about ground and I got there right around sunset.  It was a great way to see the city around sunset and the city lights at night. 

Since I had explored most of the CBD in Melbourne, I was bought and all day transit pass and rode the trains and trams around the suburbs.  I was able to go to the beach at St. Kilda, which is only about a 30 minute tram ride from the city.  Also I went southeast to the town of Caulfield and north on the train lines. 

Overall Melbourne is a very nice city, but if I had to choose between Sydney or Melbourne I would pick Sydney to visit.      

Melbourne Night Melbourne Central Station

Location: Melbourne

2 thoughts on “Melbourne

1. NOELLE ELIZABETH MATEER

Your photo is gorgeous! It majorly makes me want to go to Australia, haha