Kensington Gardens

I Love London Thus far, which is crazy, because I’ve only been here for six days! But of those days it has felt like weeks have gone by. I’ve done so much during the past couple days that it’s really hard not to lose track of time! Firstly, I do believe I have finally mastered the cars coming at me from the other side than what I’ve come to expect! And – I’ve gone to the National TheatreThumbnail image for DSC00104.JPG, which was created on the south bank by demand of Her Majesty the Queen. The National Theatre also has a plaque dedicated to William Shakespeare! I had a nerd moment when we saw that. We Saw Chekov’s ‘The Cherry Orchard’ – really good play, if you have the ability to see it, I definitely give it two thumbs up! We also walked down the way beside the theatre and saw these two guys playing drums on plastic buckets and the like.

I’ve gone, also, to Kensington Gardens – where Peter Pan is said to have landed! They even have a statue up for him! It was so amazing, there were these two kids playing, and the little girl started hitting the stick she was holding against the corner of the stairs telling her friend that “I have to sharpen my sword”! I don’t know why but that made me smile like nobody’s business.DSC00133.JPGDSC00137.JPG While we were in the Kensington Gardens area we stopped by the Top Shop as well as Harrods. Let me tell you, both stores are ridiculous. Top Shop, at least this one, is three floors packed with clothes and Harrods is, like five floors high, and an entire warehouse sized building, it took up like three blocks lengths and width. I bought nothing there, because I couldn’t afford it and because you need more than one trip there to see all they’ve got! I know I’m skipping around, and ignoring some of the things that happened, but it’s so hard to explain what I’ve seen! Though I did get rather unhinged the other night; I was down in Russell Square (one of the parks near my flat) when I got into a conversation with an elder male, who lived in the area, and it started out pleasant enough – then he told that I since I was female, and wearing a dress; that I shouldn’t be in the park by myself and I should leave well before the sun even starts setting. I thanked him and wished him well; but it just really messed with my head. He even told him to “Keep watch behind” me. So thank you kind sir for the warning…but you just scared me away from that park for the next three+ weeks. And Finally, Today my flat mates and I went to the Tower Bridge and walked around and basically did some sightseeing (something we’ve yet to legitimately do until today) and I can’t really explain that experience, so I’ll just show pictures (The People are Myself and my two Flatmates then three classmates)!DSC00190.JPG Haha But I’m really excited!! I know Thumbnail image for DSC00204.JPGDSC00205.JPGtowerbridge.jpgit’s a completely touristy thing to do, but a couple class mates and I are going to Buckingham Palace tomorrow morning, as well as Westminster Abbey!

Wish you all well!!

(a few pictures that made my day to have! :D)

DSC00124.JPGDSC00127.JPGDSC00091.JPGDSC00179.JPGDSC00173.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

DSC00188.JPG

Location: Kensington Gardens, London, United Kingdon

4 thoughts on “Kensington Gardens

1. JOANNE ASHLEY AUGUSTIN

London looks beautiful! Your pictures are amazing. I love the one of the plaque for Peter Pan! That’s really cool. I completely understand how it’s hard to write about sightseeing. I’m in Besancon, France now and there is so much to explain, but I don’t know how, so I just use pictures like you. Have fun!

2. DANIELLE ELIZABETH CALLEN

I completely agree about being in love with the country while having been here for only a short period. I’m in Italy, & feel the exact same! London looks amazing, & I’m so jealous you saw the Peter Pan garden – that’s my favorite disney movie!! Enjoy!!

3. COURTNEY ANN MUNDT

London looks gorgeous, and the fact that you get to see Peter Pan’s statue makes me jealous!!!! Time does pass fast abroad, I know how it feels. 2 weeks went by like that in Turkey, and it seems like the week since I got back has passed too slowly. Enjoy yourself!!!!

4. KELSEY MARGARET ROGALEWICZ

London looks absolutely beautiful! I’m in Mexico right now, and our group keeps doing such tourist-y things, too– no worries! As great as it is to try to assimilate into a culture, it’s still fun to see the highlights! Hope you continue to enjoy London! 🙂