Arrival!

I’m here! I flew out of JFK with about nine other people who will be in the program with me. We left on a Friday night and arrived on a Saturday afternoon (the time change is really confusing). We landed in Frankfurt, and we had to take trains to Pforzheim. They offered us a group deal, nine euros for three train changes. Naturally, we took it, and after six hours and getting lost twice, we arrived in Pforzheim. As we were trying to follow the map to the hostel, our tutor, Sarah found us. She took us to the hostel and out to eat at an Italian restaurant. The hostel seems nice. It’s probably cleaner than the dorms at PSU. My roommate arrived while we were out at dinner, and she seems really cool. I think flying at night was smart because after dinner, we were all so tired that we just passed out. I think we have successfully evaded jet lag.

The next night, we ate dinner with our international buddies (German students studying international business) and the professors in charge of the program (Prof. Wentzel, Sabine Schnabel, and a grad student from Croatia) and Prof. Wentzel’s children. Everyone was so nice and welcoming. After dinner, the buddies took us out to the Irish Pub.
    We started classes the next day, and they were really interesting. We had European Economics and Integration and German class. The first one was really interesting to me. The second one was really difficult to understand. After class, we went a little past Pforzheim University into the Black Forest where we did a really intense ropes course. It was so much fun though! It even incorporated rock climbing and there was this really long, awesome zip line. Around the course, there was something similar to a small zoo. 
    Anyway, we have class for the rest of the week, but we are going to Munich this weekend! I can’t wait! Ciao! (yes, I know that’s Italian but a lot of people use it so say goodbye here)

Location: Pforzheim, Germany