Spring Fever

It all started with the London Marathon. Since it happened two weekends ago it’s been hard to make excuses to stay inside, and with finals looming it has not been easy to crack into stacks of books. Fortunately for me today is positively depressing, what with the sky being partly cloudy and the temperature in the low 60s, I don’t feel obliged to be out subjecting myself to this miserable weather. Just kidding. But really, all of this niceness is beyond ridiculous.

As it is, between no real obligations and the country going crazy over the royal wedding (which I watch preparations of from my window), I find myself enjoying these extra British holiday day relaxing, exploring and running, in the hope that next year I too will be running the London Marathon in some ridiculous costume that gets me into Guinness. In the meantime, I’ll just keep running past Westminster while the Royals have last rehearsals. Oh wait, that was yesterday morning’s run.

This past weekend I spent Easter with Momo, Matt and his family up in Wolverhampton where we had a wonderful time hiking in the beautiful English countryside, an awkward playing of British Cranium, and enjoying the 80 degree days. Along with trying to recreate every scene in Stardust. We even had, as Momo aptly put it, an Easter miracle when the goldfish in the Smith’s pond ‘rose from the dead’ after we assumed they’d been eaten by a heron.  John got us tickets to the Wolves/Fulham game, where I made initial contact with Stephen Kelly, and practically proposed to him in my quest to become a WAG. I imagine it’s only a matter of time until I hear back… Probably from his lawyer… with a restraining order. On Easter Sunday, Jen made Momo and me each the most adorable Easter bags, filled with giant chocolate chicks. The wholeweekend was so nice, and one of the first times that I have eaten successive home-cooked meals since leaving, well, home.

Finally, after originally deleting my Facebook account only to reactivate, I have once again deleted it until I finish my last paper. I realize I’ve used that one for a while, but I have been hit by serious Writers Block that I think will only ease up when the deadline looms. At least I have about six outlines for when that time comes.

Well, Happy Wedding to you all, I will be wearing a large hat, and probably a white dress to steal attention away from the bride. I am off to Devon with Momo and Matt for another installment of The Three Best Friends That Anyone Could Have.

Location: Wolverhampton