T- Minus 39 days until England!

Hey everyone! My name is Anita Anim. I am a senior at Penn State majoring in Nutritional Sciences with a minor in Kinesiology. I am originally from Northeast Philadelphia, and I will be studying abroad in Brighton, UK for summer 2011. I will be taking Childhood Development at the University of Sussex and I’m so excited. So far the plan is I’m headed to England on June 24rd, before the actual program date which is July 4th. My roommate Terry is also coming with me and we plan on staying with my aunt. At that time we were thinking about traveling to Rome and staying in a hostel for a couple nights. One of our other friends will be in Italy (Florence) at the same time, so hopefully we can visit her as well.

I have heard a lot of great things about Brighton, from stalking random websites and from a friend who has studied abroad there. Not only can’t I wait to discover all that Brighton has to offer, but to travel to other surrounding places such as London, Paris, and hopefully Barcelona! Also, maybe some other spur of the moment trips, once I start traveling I might not be able to stop.

I am so excited to experience something new and have the time of my life. I hope to make many new friends, learn a lot in my class, have a new perspective on life, and become more culturally rounded.  I plan to buy lots of new stuff, try the craziest foods possible, volunteer, and hopefully not come back with a negative balance in my bank account. Fingers Crossed.

Location: State College, PA