Hold on, I’m back in the States?

Wow, has time gone by fast. I truly feel like I just went through all of the hustle of packing and traveling to England, and now I’ve done it to go back to America… over a week ago. I know it may sound silly, but I hired a car to take me to the airport for the morning of my flight. I remembered the problems I went through to get to the hostel and then to my dorms when I arrived in London and I figured that since I’ve gone through it once, I’d be stupid to do it again.

BUT if any study abroad students are reading this from London, go to batransfers.com and hire a car. It’s only 30 pounds to get to Heathrow and it’ll save you a lot of mental and physical exhaustion on the way to the airport.

Anyway, the ride to the airport gave me time to think about this past semester (something I didn’t want to do because that means it’s really over). I truly can’t put into words how thankful I am that I took the opportunity to study abroad. These last 4 months have been the best and most exciting months of my entire life. I have had the opportunity to see so many places and learn so many lessons; I didn’t know anything like this was ever possible. I have become so attached to London – this was one of the hardest departures I’ve ever had.

Thankfully, my ride to the airport went smoothly and I was able to check my bags without going overweight (something I find to be somewhat of a miracle)! I know that I’ll be back someday, hopefully soon. Keeping this in mind is the only way I was able to step foot on the plane back to reality…

I know this may be somewhat out of sequence now, but to get back on track I have to go back to March 15th – I’ve become rather side tracked these last 2 months! My apologies!

Location: Mayfield, PA