The reality of the past tense.

Okay, so this update is going to be a quick one because I still have all of my pack to do and we leave tonight!

First of all, just thinking about leaving all of the wonderful relationships I’ve made here makes me want to cry.  These past two weeks have been una locura (like everything else in Venezuela), and I wouldn’t have it any other way! I havent updated lately is because I’ve just been trying to live in the moment and soak up all of my final experiences here.  If I could stay longer, I would.  But in the same breath, I also feel my obligations and passions that I have at home calling my name.  I can’t believe next semester I’m going to be a senior, and then, after that, I’ll be on my way to living out my life’s passion–teaching in a prison or detention center!  I hope that one day I’ll be able to return here, but, if not, the memories I have are enough to satisfy me for my entire life.  What an intense, adventurous, sad, crazy, beautiful, profound experience…

I’m coming away from this knowing more about myself and the world around me.  Sadly, some of that learning has taken a toll on my heart, but it is in those times of pain and sorrow where we learn the most, no?  This I believe wholeheartedly.

Venezuela,
we’ve cried and laughed together and had some pretty crazy nights (and days, for that matter).  Even after three months, I still can’t believe that I am actually here.  And even more mind blowing to me is the fact that, after today, instead of saying “I am going to be in Venezuela for three months” or “I am in Venezuela RIGHT NOW!”…  I will have to say “I was in Venezuela…” or “Yeah, I’ve been there.”  Man, that past tense is a difficult reality to face…

Chao, Venezuela! Encantada!

untitled.bmp

Merida, Venezuela and I. ðŸ™‚  Ojala que pueda volver… 

Location: Merida, Venezuela