Malta…….?

So I haven’t written a blog in a while. The reason for this is because my school, University of Sussex, uses the tri-mester system, so we had a month and a half off from school. One would think that I would use that time to travel more, but I decided that I would take the opportunity to return home and make sure my mom hadn’t fallen into a depression due to my absence. Anyway, I did take a trip with three friends of mine, John, Abby, and Allie. John and Abby were beginning a pseudo-tour of Europe, and their first stop was Malta. To be honest, I didn’t know what the hell a Malta even was when they mentioned it, but I decided to tag along. Good decision. Malta is a small country off the southern tip of Italy. I figured, the weather would probably be nicer, and I wasn’t going home for over a week, so I went.

It was a breath of fresh air, literally and figuratively. It was a nice break from the rainy UK weather, and we got a hotel instead of a hostel, which is always a plus.In addition, you wouldn’t think Malta would have great nightlife, but it had a few streets that was full of bars and clubs. Obviously a huge plus. Also, the food was way better than I expected. They had a great variety, including McDonald’s (obviously, and thank God). Not only that, the night clubs (and gentlemen’s clubs….why not, right?) didn’t have a cover charge. Drinks were cheap, and it was overall a good time. So without further adieu, here’s some pics:

Malta 027.JPGMalta 037.JPGMalta 012.JPGMalta 024.JPG

Location: Malta