London in 12 hours

Sorry I am falling behind in my posts once again. But 2 Fridays ago I went to London for a day trip by myself. I thought I could do it all in a day, most people had told me that London was one of their least favorite cities to visit. Boy, were they wrong. I had a fantastic day and I would go back in a heartbeat.

They didn’t start off too well seeing ad I go to Gare du Nord in Paris with what I thought was plenty of time to spare but as I was sitting at the little caf� at the train station I noticed a small sign above the eurostar trains in French that read “check-in for eurostar upstairs”. So I went upstairs and see this huge line of people waiting to check in and get their passports stamped. Silly me, only going to Schengen space countries forgot that you have to go through customs to go to London. So I hopped in line waited until check in was closed for my 6:43 am train then went to the ticket desk and got it switched to 7:15. Thankfully the very nice lady switched it for free and let me bypass the line and go through the business class entrance. I got through customs and security with 5 minutes to spare. But here comes the kicker my first train had been delayed and was just now boarding. Since I had my original ticket still I just got on that train and set off for London.

The train ride was uneventful; I slept the entire ride. No, the chunnel is not a tunnel that you can see the fish in the English channel, I was particularly disappointed about this fact. And then I arrived in London and so began my whirlwind 12 hour tour.

Big Ben,ben 2.JPG Westminster Abbey,westminster.JPG Buckingham Palace,buckingham.JPG Princess Diana Memorial Walk through St. James Park,memorial walk.JPG St. James Square,st james.JPG Changing of the Guard,guard.JPG London Eye,eye.JPG Tower of London,tower.JPG London Bridge,bridge.JPG British Museum, finishing with a dinner of fish and chips

Then my ride home on the chunnel, it went smoothly the second time and I got back to my apartment at 12:30 in the morning.

Location: London, England

One thought on “London in 12 hours

1. NIMISHA THAKUR

Hey Megan

Its great to read about all your fun adventures. We are very happy to see that you are enjoying every bit of your experience.