A Concert to remember – in London <3

Sunday (March 13th) was pretty much the best night of my entire life (in a really silly way)! One of the girls I became friends with when I came here told us about a Yellowcard and All Time Low concert that was happening while we were in London – and for only 18 pounds! I of course bought a ticket because I love All Time Low but I’ve never been to one of their concerts. A few other girls bought tickets too – the concert was the Sunday after I went to Stonehenge and doors opened at 7pm.

O2 Academy Venue

When we got to the venue in Brixton, the queue wrapped almost all the way around the building – we were there a bit past 6 and the doors didn’t open until 7. We got inside and it was so cool! It was all open and it looked like a bigger version of a normal music venue at home. Apparently there were seats above too, but it was cool being in the center of it all downstairs. We had really good spots surprisingly enough! The first band that came on was a local band called Young Guns – amazing band with a lovely lead singer.

Young Guns

During Young Guns performance, All Time Low came out on stage and they all took shots together.

All Time Low and Young Guns

Yellowcard was next and they were great – I love the violin player because he’s an amazing violinist and a really incredible singer.

Yellowcard

Yellowcard's amazing violinist

After Yellowcard was All Time Low. I’m going to sound like a complete girl for a minute and say that I can’t describe my love for the lead guitarist and the lead singer. WOW. They were so absolutely amazing and seemed like such nice guys.

All Time Low!

Alex AKA the lead singer <3

It was really interesting because girls kept throwing bras onstage! The lead guitarist (Jack) kept picking them up and hanging them on his microphone – it was about to fall over from all of the bras! We were standing behind really tall guys for the beginning of the concert but luckily the crowd moved us away from them.

All Time LowAll Tie Low <3

There were mosh pits breaking out RIGHT in front of me and I had to push people to move the guys away from me so that I wouldn’t get hit. After the concert was over, we stayed inside to watch some of the clean up.

The leftover bras & beginning to clean up!

Security started kicking people out so we went outside to look for All Time Low’s tour bus (this doesn’t sound stalkerish at all). We realized they wouldn’t have one so we were just walking around the building when we heard a bunch of people screaming. We ran to see what was going on. Apparently, the bands go outside to sign autographs and whatnot so we walked over the group of people surrounding the gate. No one was outside yet but everyone was waiting. I got out the ticket and my camera and waited. While we were waiting, we met this really cool girl that followed almost the whole tour. We talked for a while and then Yellowcard’s lead singer and guitarist came out.

Yellowcard :)

They were real cool; since this girl that we met has been following them all over Europe, they actually recognized her and were talking to her (and us because we were next to her)! We waited a bit more and then All Time Low came outside. Jack Barakat (the lead guitarist) came out first and then Alex Gaskarth (the lead singer) came out. I got my picture with Jack and then when Alex came over, I told him I was from the States. He asked where so I told him as he was signing my ticket – then I asked for a picture and he told me that I look like Sarah Barillas, but prettier. *Another girl moment* but I almost died. I got my picture with him and then wanted to just end my life right there because life couldn’t possibly get any better than that.

Jack (guitarist) :)

Alex - love of my life :)

So basically, this was just the best night of my life. Monday, i went for a really lovely walk around the neighborhood that I live in. We ended up going to H&M and trying on tons of clothes. I’m pretty sure that H&M didn’t enjoy me handing this to them.

I think H&M is going to hate me

All in all, it was a really great ending to the weekend (Monday’s included in my weekend since I don’t have any scheduled classes that day)! I don’t ever want to leave.

Location: Brixton, London