I was able to be part of the audience of a TV show live recording called “我猜我猜我猜猜猜” (formerly “我猜我猜我猜猜猜”) and see someone famous in person. One of the them was 賀軍翔 (Mike He) (from the dramas Devil Beside You, Why Why Love, etc.). He was indeed very very handsome even in person. The other was 吳宗憲 (Jackie Wu) whom I used to watch on TV ever since I was really little. I never thought I would have the chance to see people who I used to watch on TV and on youtube in person. It was a weird feeling. Slowly though, when you start to remember that they’re also people (just more attractive and well-known and well-off than most) the excitement wears off. I was glad however, to have had this dream come true while I was in Taiwan. It was quite an experience. Though it was a live show, I got to see myself on TV on youtube. It was weird but a cool weird.

100_7928.JPG

100_7932.JPG

This past week, Taipei was raining almost everyday. I didn’t bring rain-ready shoes because of luggage space so my hole-y, almost ready to retire Jack Purcells kept soaking up water from the bottom. The humidity of Taiwan doesn’t allow for wet things to dry quickly (usually takes 2-3 days if it’s not sunny). I finally got really tired of the uncomfortable wet shoe feeling. On Friday after class, I went with a classmate to 西門町. My budget was $1000 NT (approx. $30 US) but most of the shoes I liked were over $1000. Finally, when we were just about to leave, we stopped by this shoe store and I saw a pair of Converse that was on sale. Although the color wasn’t a very smart color to buy in Taiwan since it was very light and would get dirty easily (Buttercup Yellow), I liked yellow and the size was almost right for me (just a 1/2 size bigger). The price said 800 something on the box but the lady told me she’d sell it for $690 ($23 USD). Needless to say, I bought the shoes. 

I went to a high-end grocery store with my cousin this past weekend. Do you know how much Hot Pockets sold for there? $10 USD for a box. CRAZINESS! And people actually buy it!

Location: Taipei, Taiwan