Seville!

Last weekend, my house mate and I traveled to Seville, Spain. It was absolutely amazing. I have some friends from Penn State and friends from high school studying there with the CIEE program, so they showed us around their city. The tapas, which are snack foods that most people order for lunch and dinner, were to die for. I wish Paris had tapas. The weather was beautiful, 55 degree weather all weekend. Everything is much less expensive than in Paris. A 4 euro drink in Paris is only 1 euro in Seville! It was also a nice change of pace to be able to walk everywhere in the city, instead of taking the metro to every single destination. 

After almost missing our flight, Katherine and I arrived on Friday afternoon and got lunch at a burger place right where our bus dropped us off. After getting some food fuel, we wondered around Seville in search of our hostel, which we finally found and loved! Friday night we got together with some of our friends and had dinner at a seafood tapas restaurant. I had my first tinto de verano, which is red wine mixed with lemonade, so good! After dinnner, we just explored the city some more and went to a few local bars.
Saturday was our day of tourism. First, Katherine and I went with her friends to a flea market on the other side of the bridge. Everything was so cheap it was amazing; I bought a scarf and a pair of aviators for 5 euros total. We saw the Plaza d’Espana, a huge Plaza in Maria Luisa Park, built for the Ibero-American Exposition in 1929. Its Renaissance Revival architecture is so beautiful. After lunch, we went to the Seville Cathedral, where Christopher Columbus is buried. We went to the top of the Giralda, the highest part of the Cathedral and saw a view of the entire city. Saturday night we got more tapas for dinner then went to a cafe with a free flamenco show. It was really cool to see real Spanish flamenco dancers and singers, but I must say that I think I could have done it better!
DSC01820.JPG
The Cathedral ^
DSC01830.JPG
Katherine and me in front of Plaza d’Espana
DSC01837.JPG
Another view of the Plaza

Location: Seville, Spain