Inbetweener!

Welp, it’s finally going to happen. After these last 16 years of education and multiple majors, I have decided to give it all up for my big break in show business. This Thursday I will be an extra (but will end up stealing the show) in the film The Inbetweeners. Chances are, you’ve never seen or heard of it unless you are from the UK or watch BBC America.

So mental image. Picture Skins (either the original, or the new version), and then picture the exact opposite of Skins. That’s more of less what this is. Four nerdy boys (and me!), acting like themselves in awkward situations somewhere in England. Naturally, I put on my resume that one of my interests/talents included dancing awkwardly, which explains why they cast me in the nightclub scene. What’s more, we are supposed to pretend that it is Spain in the summer, so rather than wear rain boots and sweaters, well… ;

“Although we are filming this scene in London, in the film the club is in the holiday resort of Malia.  The club is very glamourous, sexy and fun.   You need to imagine it’s 30 degrees outside the club, not 3!
Girls – we need you to look fabulous in summery dresses, skirts, hot pants for the very brave, shorts, summery, sparkling tops, sunglasses – dress as if you were going to the best club in Malia.
We would love you all to have a golden sun-kissed glow.  Please fake tan!  If you’d like to bring a couple of options, that would be great.”

This is kind of going to kill my attempt to become as pale and vampire-ish as possible, but I’ll make this one concession I suppose. Also, I’m not one-hundred percent on ‘hot-pants’ but I imagine they’re fantastic. Eek! Just googled it, definitely not.

So dear friends, this also means that you will probably be subjected to watching this movie in the future, regardless of whether or not they cut me out entirely. I think that the best way to ensure that I don’t get cut out would be to create a dance routine similar to Monica and Ross’ from “The One with the Routine”. Any dance move suggestions would be appreciated.

xox

The One With the Routine

I don’t imagine they could cut THAT out.

Location: Elephant and Castle