a brief update and a plant

+ I am cooking more now! It only took 6 months, but I have progressed from frozen fish and pasta to more complicated endeavors. I’m only progressing because I’m making Bertie dinner for his birthday tomorrow night. I tested my recipe/meal on my best friend here, Joe, last night and it was fabulous. For the main course I’m making chicken stuffed with mozzarella and wrapped in bacon with home made oven chips. So yummy! I was so pleased with myself when it turned out edible and delicious. For desert, I’ve attempted a panna cotta. It’s still setting so we’ll see if that actually worked in the morning. 

+ I bought a basil plant to make my pastas more flavorful. And to make some awesome pesto. His name is Fred.
fred.jpg
+ I spent last weekend in London filming a short. I am producer/co-writer/actor. Editing is going on now, but that’s Bertie’s department. I’m set to act in another short for someone this Sunday and that could be interesting. I’m also starting writing on another short for this semester and Bertie and I are brainstorming a feature film idea, too. Lots of filming stuff! I love it.
+ I tried to go to bed about an hour or so ago (it’s only 10pm, but I have a cold and a busy day here), but I was overcome with sadness about it being February. Currently, I’m thinking of going back to America the first of July, but I just don’t want to. The thought that I have to return to America at all makes me sick and sad. My life here is a million times happier than back at Penn State and my friends are better than most of people I’ve met at PSU. That sounds harsh, but oh well. It’s my blog. And I fit in better here. People are more genuine. My friend Joe is already looking at/buying plane tickets to come visit me in September while a couple of my other friends are asking parents for money to do the same. That’s incredible friendship. 
And I know I’m coming back here, well, to London. I have a place to stay in London all lined up. I have friends. I have plans. I have dreams. I just don’t have a visa. I will have to jump through hoops on that. But I will come back. I will not just hang about in the States. I just don’t like getting all sad about the inevitable last semester at PSU. At least I only have one left! 

Location: Leeds, UK