Sevilla, Spain

My first few days have been really busy here in Spain. After taking long plane rides from the United States I arrived at el hotel Becquer. It was really nice there and the food has been amazing! I really like how the living environment is so different than the United States; I started to feel the “cultural shock” after the first night in Spain. I was nervous and scared to start speaking spanish but after I broke out of my shell it became exciting and fun to talk to locals. I stayed at the hotel for three nights and the CIEE tour guides made the first couple days adventurous.

So far I had visited the Alcazar and toured around Seville A LOT!! My speaking skills have definitely improved since I’m here, which is awesome because I really want to improve my second language. After my stay at the Becquer I met my host family, who were very welcoming and talkative. There hospitality is very comforting which helped me feel more at ease. I’m living with a wonderful couple who are pleasant and very helpful with directions around the city. I also made lots of new friends from all over the US and became more acclimated to the Spanish cultural by making new friends. I really enjoy walking around Seville and admiring architecture, houses, cafes and the cathedral (which is so beautiful). Taking lots of pictures is one of my favorite things to do in Spain as well as learn about the history and people that occupy the city. I also like trying new foods; it’s very different in style but also very good!! I hope my journey continues to grow because I’m very grateful to experience this opportunity.

Location: Sevilla, Spain

One thought on “Sevilla, Spain

1. Katelyn Harris

I’m in Seville with CIEE, too (and also writing for the GeoBlog haha)! It sounds like we are having a lot of the same experiences. The culture shock is definitely an interesting feeling, but I do love this city. Do you get lost a lot? I definitely do in the mazes of small streets and alleys.