Delayed Travel Accounts

Ciao!

I am finally in Milan! After 2 days of frustrating travel, I have finally got here. My trip got off to a rough start when the night before I was scheduled to leave from Pittsburgh, my connecting flight from Atlanta to Milan was canceled due to heavy snow and ice. My flight was rescheduled to then go from Pittsburgh to New York to Amsterdam to Milan. But, my flight from Pittsburgh was delayed for 2.5 hours (thanks Delta) and caused me to miss my connecting flight to Amsterdam. Since there were no flights out of JFK until 6:30 the following evening, I was put up in a hotel for the night. Luckily, I experienced no more delays from then on and the flights went smoothly (thank God for noise canceling headphones!). One word of advice for future students, make direct flights if at all possible and avoid Delta airlines!

After making it to Milan, I found that my luggage had not even left New York yet! (another great job by Delta). But, I was able to make it from the Milan Malpensa airport to the Cardona train station in downtown Milan despite my inability to speak English. Overall, it was an interesting experience and just highlighted the unreliable nature of air travel. My advice to future students is just to remain patient while traveling, all will work out for the best. Well, I have to get going to the next orientation meeting, look for pictures of my apartment and some sights of Milan in my next entry later in the week!  

Location: Via P.S. Mancini, 4