Last Night in Buenos Aires

I’m in no way ready to leave Argentina.

In some respects, I’ve allowed my life to fall to pieces while studying here. My academics have gone completely down the drain. I’ve reevaluated everything that I’ve ever worked to achieve, and to top it off, those ideas I once had are not just altered but completely broken.

It’s a beautiful thing, because I’ve realized that there’s more to life, so much more than what rural Pennsylvania has to offer.

This might seem especially melodramatic, even naive. But after participating in the occupation of the university, attending student protests and living in a culture that is so distinct from the cold atmosphere of the northeast, I wonder if I’m not steadily losing some part of my humanity back at home.

Tomorrow, I fly to Per�, back to the “homeland,” to see Macchu Pichu and travel aimlessly for a few weeks.

I’ll continue blogging as often as I can until the next semester begins, probably posting an abundance of photos and reflections when I get back to the States that I just don’t have the time to record right now. I like living in the moment as much as I can, and I think ultimately that dedicating time to that should amount to better entries in the long run.

Peace.

Location: Avenida Paraguay, Buenos Aires, Argentina