Roma!

Visiting Rome almost made me want to change my major to Archaeology and move to the Eternal City.

Ruins almost three thousand years old simply pop up around corners, their pitted stones reflecting the sunlight, still warm at the end of November. They stand, silent in their ancient grandeur, above the shops and restaurants. I could imagine the Romans in their togas and sandals walking along the paths, up the hills to the Forum and down to the Pantheon.

I know this description glorifies Rome and glosses over the less digestible eras of its history. But the simple scope of that history is enchanting. After reading all about the Roman Empire when I was younger, I never thought I’d actually have the opportunity to stand in the Colosseum or the Vatican. I would include pictures in this post, but for some reason the blog platform is malfunctioning and refusing to let me add them.

Going to Rome was my last trip for the semester. It was interesting to see a more Mediterranean culture (and warmer weather) after traveling to Amsterdam, Berlin, and Prague. I have twenty-four days left to focus on Paris, to see all the neighborhoods I haven’t explored, to finally try a macaron, to go to the Louvre one more time, and soak up everything this city has to offer.

Location: 24 via Marsala, Roma, Italia