I just want movie releases!

I love movies. I’ve been going to the movie theater at least once a week for years. I enjoy seeing movies no matter how poor they end up being. I want to make movies and work in the movie industry. I never realized I took going to the cinema for granted. 

While this may not seem like a big deal to most, to me this is the most annoying change: movie release dates. I am in England. I am not in a non-English speaking country. So why do I have to wait months to see a movie that was already released in the USA? This is not OK, Hollywood. 
Take for instance Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps. It came out in the beginning of September in the States. It came out here last Wednesday. A month late. Not that bad, right? OK. Look at “Despicable Me”. I saw the film when it was released in the States in May. Guess when it came out here? Oh wait, it hasn’t yet. It comes out next Friday, the 15th. Yes, I plan on seeing it again. 
I write a blog about movies. I review movies within a week of USA release. My blog is currently backpedalling and resorting to reviewing little known older films/older films I think people should see because I can’t keep up with the releases. 
I realize that this is simply a ranty overdramatic post, but it’s the most frustrating “culture” shock I’ve experienced thus far. Still, it’s not stopping me from going to the movies. This week alone I’ve been three times. I plan on seeing both “The Social Network” and “Despicable Me” next Friday and “The Expendables” and “Tamara Drewe” this coming Wednesday. 

Location: Leeds, UK

One thought on “I just want movie releases!

1. AMELIA KATHRYN HAWBAKER

Samantha, I know what you mean about the movies! I can’t believe how late some of them come out here. On the plus side, if you are a Harry Potter fan, you will get to experience it before most people in the States!