Homestay

I’m going to make this entry short not because I do not like to write but because this site is seriously glitchy for me…maybe it’s firefox? Anywho, I’m going to “try” and upload some pictures this time, so cross your fingers. My homestay is quite an alternation of my imagined homestay house. It is one of the western-japanese houses, which are supposedly modeled off of western houses. I can see some similarities but it’s quite different. It is two stories and has only one sink! I guess it isn’t too bad but our staircase has this one stair that creeks every time you step on it, and during the night it’s really dark so I can’t help but step on it to ensure my safety and every time I do so I feel like a prick because I fear I might be waking my hostfamily. Paranoid?

***after 20 minutes of frustration there will once again be no pictures. As angry as it makes me I will figure out the issue eventually…or just make a new blog on a site that works.

Location: Japan

2 thoughts on “Homestay

1. Davy

Hey Jake,

Regarding sinks at Japanese homes, I also feel that they’re lacking them! I’m doing homestay too and there are no sinks in the bathroom! Everytime I go to the bathroom, I have to go downstairs to wash my hands. I guess it’s a way to preserve space, haha. And I’m quite paranoid at my homestay too, so I guess it’s normal!

And good luck with the photos! It takes a little time for me to upload them too, but I haven’t run into any problems yet!

-Davy

2. DAVID JOHN DERSTINE

Hi Jake,
    I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble uploading pictures. Please feel free to email me and I will help however I can.

Best,
    -David