Settling into a routine

As I’m starting to settle into a routine here in Buenos Aires, I’m finding two things to be large parts of my experience:

Thumbnail image for IMG_1554.JPG

1.  Coffee at Havanna along with schoolwork.  For some reason, I’m currently obsessed with a cafe latte negro from Havanna.  I can spend hours at this little coffee shop, reading papers, taking notes, and drinking coffee.  It’s a good thing servers in Buenos Aires aren’t in the habit of kicking people out of cafes!

IMG_1521.JPG    IMG_1548.JPG
2.  Exploring the city.  Whether it’s the Recoleta Cemetary or the San Telmo Fair (shown above is a traditional set up for a tango orchestra), it’s always fun to wander around and take pictures.  When I first arrived in Buenos Aires, I was a little nervous about wandering around a big city by myself, but I’m starting to become more comfortable with this.  And of course, I’m not always wandering by myself.  Oftentimes, I’m walking through the streets or perusing the items at a fair with friends.
I had no idea my semester would look like this.  I didn’t think I’d have time to just wander through the streets or leisurely do my work.  But I’m becoming more used to it, settling in, and starting to enjoy this routine.

Location: Carlos Pelligrini 1001, Buenos Aires, Argentina

One thought on “Settling into a routine