Wine Country in Znojmo

Waking up at 6:30am on Saturday morning, we tracked across Prague to the bus station, where we took a 3 hour bus to the countryside of Znojmo to the wine vineyards. This was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had in my life. Throughout all of the traveling I’ve done during my life,  I’ve never seen anything like these vineyards, which was probably why the unique experience was my favorite of my entire trip. Our bus ride ended in a little town where Martin and his wife picked us up to drive us to our hotel. After a very quick meal, we boarded another bus with other tour members and were off to our first of four vineyards. The entire experience was full of sunshine, wind, rain, and lots of delicious wines. We traveled to four different vineyards which were each full of differing scenery but were all absolutely beautiful! We were even able to see some of the vineyard workers out picking grapes during one of our stops! At our fourth stop, someone on the trip received word that the Czech Republic had moved forward in the World Hockey Tournament and would be playing Russia in the World Championship game!  Everyone was extremely excited and it was awesome to see how everyone came together to celebrate! After our last stop, we returned back to the hotel for a brief dinner and then met up with the entire group again to travel to a former monastery where we enjoyed more wine tasting, food, and music! It was a fantastic day!