Day 8 Czech Republic

The next morning it was time to pack and leave for the metro and bus, which would take us to the airport. Once at the airport one of our group members bought a marionette, performed a very good show with it in the terminal and our flight left on time for Frankfurt Germany. The 1 hour flight into Germany was smooth sailing and when we landed in Germany we had a 2 hour layover until or flight for JFK, NY left. So that was just enough time to get a good German beer and pretzel, which was also VERY good and I highly recommend that. I also was able to pick up a shirt that said ‘Enjoy Germany‘ on the front and two of us decided to get a puzzle map of the world to test our geography skills.

Upon boarding the airplane I became very excited when I learned it was a 747 (Double Decker) airplane. I was also surprised when the man in front of our seats unzipped his bag and a tiny dog stuck its head out. I had no idea you could bring a dog on the airplane. During the flight we had unfortunately discovered our geography skills are most certainly lacking, but it was nice to get some sleep.

After landing in JFK, NY we needed to get our vehicles which were in Newark, NJ so one of our group’s dads picked us up and got us back to the cars so we could then drive home.

This entire trip was an absolute AMAZING EXPERIENECE and I would definitely do it again in a heart beat. I would say the most profound thing I learned on this trip is the world is a very small place and we are all connected in more ways then one. To the members on this trip, it has truly been a pleasure, I wish all of you the best of luck on your future endeavors, please keep in touch. Dr. Elavsky, GREAT JOB coordinating this trip everything went so smoothly you really deserve a medal of some sort. Additionally keep in mind, double dip double dip, bumble bee, T.I.P., Man Bag, Young Creezy, Firefly, and Dragonfly **** Trip inside jokes 😉 ****

Location: Prague, Czech Republic