Wednesday: Czech Television & Charles University

On Wednesday morning we all slept in before beginning our day. Breakfast in the Czech Republic is very different from what a “typical American breakfast” might be, consisting of mostly meats, cheeses and breads to choose from. I thought everything was absolutely delicious, but found myself becoming hungrier for lunch much earlier in the day than I typically did at home. After breakfast, one of Elavsky’s friends whose name is Martin came to meet all of us and take us to Czech Television for a meeting with one of their employees. Martin is a professor of Charles’ University, one of the oldest and most esteemed universities in Prague. Martin took us on a hike through the rain to Czech Television, where were able to go on a tour of their studio and learn about the ways in which their television company differed from ours in the states. I was pretty amazed to see that almost everyone in the studio spoke English, an observation which would only be reaffirmed throughout all of our travels across the Czech Republic. After visiting Czech TV we stopped by a grocery store to find some quick lunch and purchase some snacks for our rooms. In the Czech Republic, you have to pay for plastic grocery bags!! After eating a quick lunch we met back up with Martin and he gave us a tour of Charles University. He is a media/film professor so we were able to see the university’s studios and even work with their film editing programs. We then went visiting Old Town Prague, and went to dinner there. I must admit that by the end of the day I was almost just as exhausted as the first night and was very pleased to crawl into bed.