Mmmm… La comida mexicana

Hola!

Wow it’s been a while since I last wrote. This week was really fun, but it’s weird to think we already have less than two weeks left!

This week we discovered a ton of new cheap and delicious places to eat. First off, the tacos. I thought the tacos I discovered last week were delicious until I tried these. Every time I go I get un taco pastor, which is just two small tortillas with a mix of chicken, onion, and spices; but it is so good. Like the other place they have a lot of sauces and toppings to put on. Some of my friends go all out with the toppings, but for me a bit of salsa verde and a lot of salsa rojo is just what I need. The best part is that each taco is only 7 pesos ($0.50), and each quesadilla is only 12 pesos ($1).

Another recent discovery is the pizza place, where you can get a huge slice of pizza and a soda for just one dollar. I have yet to visit (even though I hear it is delicious), because the tacos are just that good. Finally there is the pasteleria, or bakery, where you can get a huge slice of cake for just 18 pesos ($1.50). I’m pretty sure it’s the best and cheapest place in town, but last night they were closed so we were forced to buy our cake at Starbucks. It was a third of the size and 48 pesos!

I’m not sure if you are aware, but recently Hershey opened a factory in Mexico. I assumed they would make the same things, but yesterday I discovered Mexican Reese’s, and I never want to eat ours again. Here, the peanut butter is creamier, there are crushed nuts in the chocolate, and they are just far more delicious. I might just have to have one now lol.

Anyway, this one’s short, but the next one will be about more than just food : )

Adios,

Lexi

Location: Guanajuato, Mexico