Houston

Hola,

The past week has been hectic. I had three finals this week and my last one was yesterday at 4:40, so it was very hard to concentrate on packing. I had my suitcase open all week and I think I packed and unpacked (taking out and adding stuff) at least once each day. Hopefully I ended up with everything I’ll need, and if not, well it’s only a month.

Right now, I’m sitting in the airport and it still doesn’t feel real. The time as gone so quickly and I can’t believe I’m already on my way to Mexico. Most of the group will be meeting up in Houston and flying into Mexico together, so I’m really excited to meet everyone. There are 12 students and 2 teachers. I think it will be good having such a small group because it will be easier to get to know everyone in the 4 weeks we’ll be there. Tonight we’ll all be staying together, and tomorrow I believe we are touring the city, which I am very excited about. I have an idea of what I think the city will be like, and I’ve seen pictures, but in my experience things never look like I imagine them.

They told us we should have a theme for our blog, and until right now I had no idea what mine would be. But I think it would be really interesting to compare the things I see and experience with my experiences studying abroad in Venezuela last spring. I think some things will be the same, but I can already think of some differences just in what I’ve read about the two countries.

Well, that’s all for now. Next time I write I’ll be in Mexico! Adios!

-Lexi

Location: Houston, Texas