2 DAYS TO GO

So, I leave in less than 48 hours! I still haven’t packed or done anything yet, though. I’ve been much too preoccupied with finals. However, as soon as my Physics final exam is over tomorrow afternoon, it’s packing time!

I’ll be arriving in Rome on Saturday, May 8th around 8:45 AM local time — I’m then going to get a ride over to my hotel, which is DIRECTLY across the street from the Pantheon. That will be sweet. The hotel is called Al Pantheon con Thomas Mann. I’ve heard that it’s not that nice of a hotel, but it was fairly cheap, and it’s very close to the place where I’ll be permanently living. We have that whole weekend free for the most part, in which I guess my friends and I will go exploring! I’m hoping to see a lot of Rome before my classes really start. I definitely want to check out a lot of the famous buildings and get them out of the way, because tourist season starts in June, so all of the really touristy places will be less crowded early in May.

Anyway, I will be permanently living in a former convent on the Piazza Navona. If any of you have read or saw Angels and Demons, It’s the plaza where the Cardinal almost gets drowned in the fountain, but gets saved by Langdon. (People seem to know exactly where I’m talking about when I add that description to it) I heard that the place is basically like a very small dorm room, which is totally fine because the window is going to look over the Piazza, so don’t pity me at all. I don’t plan on spending any time in the room anyway, since I’ll have so much to do while I’m over there!

My parents got me a digital camera, so I’ll be able to take a lot of pictures when I get over there. I’ll try to post them directly in this blog, and if that doesn’t work, I’ll figure something else out. It seems like the other Geobloggers were able to figure out how to get pictures on their blogs, so I bet I can do it.

Well, that’s all that I have for you guys for now! I’ll try to post another entry a few days after I get there and get settled in — and I’ll have much more cool stuff to talk about, so check back then!

Ciao!

Location: 520 E Calder Way, State College, PA 16801

3 thoughts on “2 DAYS TO GO

1. John Mazan

Daniel, Have a great time and remember to take it ALL in… BTW, if you can try a couple of short video clips and see if you can post those as well. If you can’t do either, let me know and I’ll set you up on our web site so that you can do that.

2. John Mazan

3. peggy moriarty

Have a great trip . I will be very excited to be traveling with you through your blog