Hello, Hello

100_3340.jpg

My name is Sam (short for Samantha) and I’m a 19 year old college student at Penn State studying finance and international business. This coming year I’ll be studying abroad at the University of Leeds in Leeds, England. I’m extremely excited for this upcoming experience and will be using this blog to document my time there and my time spent traveling throughout Europe.

A little more about who I am, though. First off, I’m a rather introverted person, but I’m friendly and love to meet new people. Sarcasm is my one and only flavor, so try to remember that while reading most of my entries. Sometimes I come off as a bit cynical, but that’s only because I am. I have an incurable movie/film addiction, which you will realize all too soon. I also thoroughly enjoy writing, reading and music. Traveling is, obviously, very important to me and I am always incredibly excited to visit a new place…or even to revisit a place.

Going abroad means leaving behind my family and friends, but the internet makes that an easy task to overcome. I have a younger brother, Nick (18), and a younger sister, Jessica (13), as well as my mom and dad. My 3 cats are part of my family, too, and I will miss them even more than when I’m just away at school. Of course, I will miss all of my friends, but with Facebook I’m not too concerned. My best friend, Anna, will be in Spain in the spring so I’m very excited to get to visit her!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my blog and I’ll try not to make every entry this long and boring.

Location: horseheads, ny