Here I am, from the small town of Tyrone, Pennsylvania – currently driving to the airport of Pittsburgh to board my flight to Amman, Jordan!! I will be there for two months of my summer. I am feeling so many emotions, anxious, excited and enlightened. I have always known I wanted to travel the world, but I never guessed it would be so soon at the age of 18. Learning the Arabic language the past there years have been amazing and I canno believe I will be able to experience the culture myself in the real setting and gain a higher perspective of the middle east like this.

I will be stopping in Dubai for a ten hour layover on my way to Jordan, and I couldn’t be more thrilled! I am going to try to visit the Burj Khalifa while I am there and will get great pictures (Cross fingers). I will keep you all updated! Send prayers and safety please 🙂

~Katie Bowser

2 thoughts on “Jordan, Hello!

1. kmc424

Three years? You must be so excited to finally test out your skills! The great thing about study abroad is that it gives students the opportunity to travel the world while learning about the culture of the countries we visit. It’s an amazing experience to have at such a young age. Good luck, safe travels, and have fun!

2. Amanda

Hi Katie! I hope you have a wonderful trip. I just have a quick question- I’m someone who has applied for study abroad. How long did it take before you got your application reviewed? Thanks again and have fun in Jordan!