Italy Never Fails.

Italy never fails to amaze me with its’ beauty. Two weeks ago, I was awestruck by the Amalfi Coast, and one week later I was marveling in Cinque Terre.

For anyone that doesn’t know, Cinque Terre is comprised of five small little towns on the coast of Italy, with hiking trails in between each other them (and trains, for those who aren’t feeling athletic today). I spent the majority of this trip hiking from the last town to the first, which was about two hours worth of rigorous stairs. Sadly, I was too preoccupied to get any pictures of the hike, but there’s some of Cinque Terre!

IMG_3060  IMG_3075

After we made it to the town, we spent the rest of the afternoon lounging on the beach. It was definitely an interesting experience, seeing how the local Italians behaved. We as Americans are actually quiet reserved compared to the amount of PDA that was going on on that beach! It was also interesting to see how many of the younger children were naked on the beach. This is not a concept that is foreign to me-in Vietnamese culture, it’s pretty common to be naked on a beach until you begin to get close to puberty. However, I haven’t been to Vietnam in a while, so it was definitely still a shock seeing so many bare kids!

After the sun began to set, we decided to splurge on a seafood meal, since we were by the coast. I have absolutely no regrets about this at all, because it ended up being the best seafood spaghetti of my life-and as my favorite in Italy, I have tried seafood spaghetti lots of times.

This was just a day trip I decided to take, since my days in Italy are winding down and I’m trying to spend my last bit of time in Florence. Although there wasn’t much to do sight seeing wise, I welcomed some exercise since I’ve been putting on some pounds with all the pasta I’ve been eating! If anyone happens to be in Italy reading this, I would recommend Cinque Terre if you’re looking for a nice day trip to somewhere nice.

Thanks again for a beautiful weekend, Italy. You never fail me.

One thought on “Italy Never Fails.