Hello Everyone!

I’m so excited that I’m finally making my first blog post! I’ve been waiting so long to start my journey to Shanghai, China and I can’t wait to share it with everyone here! But first, let me take a selfie…just kidding, but let me introduce myself!

So who am I?

My name is Laura and I’m a junior majoring in Advertising and minoring in Chinese and International Studies. I love listening to music (I’m currently jamming out to Uptown Funk- don’t believe me, just watch!) and just enjoying life!

Why study abroad?

I’ve always wanted to travel outside the U.S. and this was the perfect opportunity to do that and also work on my Chinese skills! (And obviously the food, too!) I hope that by the end of this trip I’ll be able to speak Chinese with my host family without struggling too much and have a camera full of pictures and memories!

So are you ready?

With the minor amount of stress I’ve gone through the past few days making sure I have everything I need- well as much as I can pack in a suitcase- I think I’m all set. This is the biggest thing I’ve done in my life and I am ecstatic that it’s finally happening!

With that being said, I can’t wait to see you at my next blog post!

One thought on “Hello Everyone!

1. Anna Lombardo

This sounds really exciting Laura! I can imagine it must have been difficult to have waited this long to start your experience but now that it is finally here I hope you have an amazing time and a safe trip to Shangahai. I am looking forward to reading about your adventures in China!