Camp

I didnt get to upload this earlier because I wanted to add a video of us singing on the train on the way from Camp becauseI feel that it shows exactly how the weekend went. 

Friends from church

During the April 13th weekend I went to camp with the students and young adults of Jubilee community church. It has been my church away from home for the past couple of months. It was the most amazing weekend I have had in South Africa. First, the camp was located on the mountain overlooking the ocean in Simon’s Town. During the weekend I bunked with two local students and one of the friends I’ve made from the CIEE  program who goes to the church as well.

friends we made at camp

It was wonderful just getting to know some Christians in South African and just see that we go through the same things and that we have so much in common. I also got a chance to tell them about my life in the states and what I do as a student at Penn State.  It was a truly blessed weekend. I’ve never been to camp before and going to camp in South Africa made it all worthwhile.

Location: Simon's Town, South Africa