Welcome to the Happiest Place on Earth

Greetings from the happiest place on Earth- Copenhagen (or K�BENHAVN as the Danes say)!  I have to say firstly when they advise you to pack lightly- DO IT! I drug 2 suitcases and 1 carry-on onto the Metro, down cobblestone streets and up 2 flights of stairs.  Needless to say I got my daily workout that day.  Aside from that and the lack of internet it was wonderful! 

view of copenhagen

Thumbnail image for DSCN4646.JPG

It is beautiful here, COLD but beautiful and the people here are, in my opinion, the friendliest.  I live in the heart of the city (about 5 streets over from the canal and a few minutes’ walk from the Str�get, a famous shopping street in Copenhagen). 

canal at night

Thumbnail image for DSCN4608.JPG

famous fountain on Str�get
Thumbnail image for DSCN4398.JPG

Everybody bikes here!!!  If they don’t bike (me!) they walk, take the metro or one of the various buses they have here.

Thumbnail image for DSCN4429.JPG

Did I mention there are a lot of statues here?  A LOT and often times if you ask a Dane what the statue is for (especially the ones that are not of famous people) they will have no idea what it stands for or, in some cases, that the statue was even there in the first place.

Underwater Statue ‘The Merman and his Seven Sons”

Thumbnail image for DSCN4640.JPG

Classes start tomorrow so until next time!

Location: Copenhagen, Denmark