Home Town after 10 years!

So here I am in CHINA after spending like 20 hours in the airplane, watching 6 movies and sleep TONS.

I arrived in China one week early than the program starting date and my first stop is Fuzhou, Fujiang– my hometown. Unreal but it felt strangely familiar and comforting.

The immediate impression when I stepped off the airplane was: people. There are A LOT of people out in the streets in China. Think of holiday shopping season in a big mall in US– thats like everywhere and everyday in Fuzhou. There so many food stands in the streets selling vegetables and cheap snacks and hot food, and restaurants set up tents in the street for people to just sit and socialize with friends while eating food. There are people playing majiang out in the open too! A lot more daily activities are taking place out in the open, which really gives Fuzhou a greater sense of community and I am totally loving it!!!

And oh did I mentioned that there are LOTS of cars too, ranging from bikes, mini motorcycles (a very popular mean of getting around in Fuzhou), driving out of control because rules are lax and there are much fewer traffic lights in Fuzhou than back in state. The week I spent in Fuzhou, I actually needed to be escorted to cross the streets.

I did not get a chance to explore the city too much the week I stayed there because of jet-leg but I did went back to the neighborhood (仓山) I used to lived. Great I was still able to recognize the apartment I used to stay in but the surrounding area changed dramatically with new roads, buildings, and Walmart.

The internet in China really sucks so I can’t upload any picture 🙁

Until Next time.

Location: Fuzhou, China