First leg of the trip!

So today started my journey to New Zealand…

I wish I could say the departing process was easy but it was far from that. My whole life I’ve been a people person and really thrived from those closest to me. Leaving my mom and dad was very nerve-wracking and quite frankly as a 21 year old I have no shame in admitting that. My family is my world and it felt like a huge kick in the butt into the “real world”. In addition I know I’m not the only student who’s ever studied abroad with a relationship. For those who know me, please believe when I say I’ve found a winner! He’s worth the distance! So understandably that part of the departure was so unbelievably hard for me and a million times more difficult than I anticipated. Thankfully the sweetest woman in the world about my mother’s age saw me crying and took me into her arms and let me cry (rather hysterically haha) until I felt like I could successfully go through the security line. What a blessing!

Studying abroad for me is so much more than just a school semester in another country. It’s a long awaited growing experience that I NEED. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t want to run after my boyfriend and parents and be like “just kidding!!! Take me back home” Haha, because those were my thoughts exactly. But here I am about to go to one of the coolest most beautiful countries, WOW! This is a dream come true and sometimes all you need is a little push. So here I am, I’ve now finished my first leg of the trip to San Francisco and it’s only going to get more incredible from here. I’m scared, anxious, nervous and depending on the Lord more than ever. I must have prayed at least ten times begging God to give me strength and serenity, and as the amazing God that he is, he gave me exactly that.

Therefore I plan to celebrate my first dinner by myself in a state I’ve never been…so I believe this is a perfect time for a cocktail! I know my mom is already laughing and shaking her head at that, but hey sometimes a great margarita and good scenery is just what a girl needs. Let’s see what San Fransico has to offer me….can’t wait to blog again.

P.S. I think I’ll definitely take blogging more into consideration. It’s actually extremely therapeutic to put my thoughts into writing, so shout out to my aunt Janet who’s given me journals since I can remember…it’s totally a hobby worth getting into.

I love you all and please please don’t ever hesitate to comment on here, Skype me, or shoot an email…to be honest it’s what I need right now as I get settled!

Location: San Fransico, CA

One thought on “First leg of the trip!

1. ANITA F ANIM

I hope you have a great time in New Zealand, my friend just came back from there and absolutely loved it! Can’t wait to see pictures.