Second star to the right, and then straight on till morning!

Thumbnail image for Thumbnail image for bout to take off from london!.jpg

I chose that title simply because of the sight I had on the plane over to London. I got to see a beautiful sunset from Boston – Logan International Airport that was full of vibrant maroons, purples, reds and oranges. I then had the most beautiful sight of the stars for the longest time! I can’t even express the sunrise I got either; it had the most beautiful colors! Pale pinks, purples and blues – it was simply amazing!

But I have to declare that I dislike airports, airplanes or any other type of flying object. That being said, it is not far off to state that I dislike the wait to leave airplanes/ports; this includes Boarder Control/Customs.  If anyone is coming into London, or any foreign country, prepare to wait. I had the pleasure of waiting three hours in line (after my flight had landed) to go through Boarder Control/Customs! I’m not surprised by this, but that doesn’t mean I liked it! Haha. On a happier note I got through with no problems!  I’m now officially in the United Kingdom on a Student Visa. It’s Crazy  C:

Heathrow Airport is unique; it does not look at all as big as it actually is! You fly in to the UK, and you fly almost directly over these small cities, and country homes (Pretty sure I saw a Palace or two! :D) and it continues seamlessly until you hit the airport, then it’s a couple of small windowed buildings; it’s mostly just the tar for the runway honestly;  but the moment you step inside you end up turning down so many hallways and going down so many staircases to get to the Baggage reclaim (which is after Boarder Control just so you know!). Once I was past all of the baggage claim and such I past no less than three stores or fast food places before I found the sign for the Underground (A.K.A. the “Tube” better known in America as the Subway). That in itself was about two floors worth of downhill climb. And once you know how to work the system here, it’s really easy. One of the employees helped me pay for my ticket, and then told me how to use it. Which I found incredibly sweet, but it’s not really hard at all; I was just too tired to have figured it out myself! Haha. The Tube is exactly like ours are in the USA, just switched like their driving! πŸ˜‰ That leads me to a rather interesting story!!

I met my roommate not even two minutes after getting off the tube in Russell Square. I was getting ready to cross the street to get to our flat when I saw this girl just…staring at me. I was about to cross and looked the wrong way (I looked to my left) and a car came at me from the Right, I didn’t get hit but that jet-lag was already getting to me so when I looked up and continued to see this girl just stare I was like “Oh my god! Did I offend someone already?!” . I didn’t obviously, for when I finally crossed the street (safely, no close calls thank god!) I heard her say something to me, having not caught what she said I simply asked “I’m sorry, what?” and she smiled and what like “Are you from the Penn State Group?” and when I said “yes” she smiled even larger and was like “Thank God! ” and then went on to tell me that our apartments weren’t ready for us and that we wouldn’t be able to move in till after Two o’clock. Mind you at this point it was only 10 AM, and I wanted a nap. I’ll let it be known that I didn’t get my nap. K

Alright, enough about my complaining! It’s amazing over here!!

My Roommate and I spent the next couple hours (after I’d dropped my bag off at the Landlords – with their permission of course!) walking around Russell Square and learning where everything was, also going shopping for those last minute things we had forgotten at home. Our placement is amazing, we live really close to the underground, about a twenty minute walk from Kings Cross Station, 30 minute walk from the National Theatre and we’re in between an influx of stores for any type of shopping, be it Groceries, Clothing, or Bookstores (I found one with Four Floors! – I’ll be sure to get a picture next time I go. It’s beautiful and set up where you can see all four floors from the uniquely placed staircases!)  Later we met up with the rest of our group (sans two who hadn’t flown in yet) and went out to lunch and to explore yet again. We also met our third and final roommate.  

I’ll let it be known I flew in on the 28th and haven’t gotten internet till just now. And I’ve forgotten how something’s have happened. But all I know is that this is an Amazing experience.

My Flat and it’s surrounding sights! πŸ˜€

DSC00072.JPG

The University/College of London

DSC00070.JPG

My Flat! πŸ˜€ Room and Living Room/Kitchen!

DSC00059.JPG

DSC00055.JPG

Where the classes are πŸ™‚

DSC00064.JPG

Thumbnail image for DSC00057.JPG

(I promise these cars are not touching, they are just parked really REALLY close together! made me giggle!)

DSC00062.JPG

Thumbnail image for DSC00056.JPG

Location: 19 Bedford Place, London